Notice is hereby given that Cornwall Council (the Council) is conducting a review of polling districts, polling
places and polling stations that fall within the County of Cornwall.
2. The (Acting) Returning Officer (ARO) for the Parliamentary Constituencies of St Ives, Camborne and Redruth,
Truro and Falmouth, St Austell and Newquay, South East Cornwall and North Cornwall will make comment on
the proposals and those representations will be published on the Council’s website in accordance with the
timetable set out below.
3. Electors within the County of Cornwall may make a representation. We would like to invite initial comments
from electors regarding the convenience of voting at polling stations currently used for elections and would
welcome suggestions for alternative sites.
4. The Council would welcome the views of all residents, particularly disabled residents, or any person or body
with expertise in access for persons with any type of disability, on the proposals, ARO’s representations or any
other related matters.
5. Persons or bodies making representations should, if possible, give alternative places that may be used as
6. Comments and representations may be submitted as follows:
By post: Polling Review, Electoral Services, Cornwall Council, St Austell Information Service, 39
Penwinnick Road, St Austell, PL25 5DR
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By completing the online feedback form at: www.cornwall.gov.uk/review
7. Documents relating to the review can be inspected on the Council’s website at
www.cornwall.gov.uk/review or at main Council Offices and libraries (including the mobile library) set out in
Appendix A of this notice.
8. Timetable for the Review
4 March 2019
Publication of notice and commencement of the
review. Stage 1 public consultation period begins
15 April 2019 Stage 1 public consultation ends. Publication of
(Acting) Returning Officer’s comments and proposals
8 May 2019 Constitution and Governance Committee meeting to
consider (Acting) Returning Officers report
3 June 2019 Draft recommendations published. Stage 2 public
consultation period begins
15 July 2019 Stage 2 public consultation ends
12 September 2019 Final proposals considered at Constitution and
Governance Committee meeting
Kate Kennally, Electoral Registration Officer, 4 March 2019
Main Council Offices and libraries where hard copy documents relating to the review can be inspected
for the local Parliamentary constituency (documents can also be accessed online at