Callington is surrounded by wonderful walking spots. One of the most popular is to Kit Hill to the north east, with its impressive panoramic views from the top including Callington itself, and wonderful historic walks down every side of the hill to the bottom. Another popular route is to the nearby neighbouring village of Kelly Bray to the north, originally an 18th-century junction of moorland leading to Holmbush mine. Another favourite with locals is the woodland path along Haye Lane to the west, and the picturesque circuit of Frogwell and Newbridge to the south west (look for the impressive Cadson Bury Iron Age hill fort, cared for by the National Trust).
- WANTED!! Calling all artists, amateur, professional, young or old!
- Cornwall Resources News Update
- Re-opening of Play Parks
- Contacting Citizens Advice in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- Opportunity to become a Member of Citizens Advice Cornwall
- COVID-19 How the Citizens Advice Bureau is helping Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Useful Local Links
- Coronavirus in the UK: How many confirmed cases are there in your area? August 1, 2020
- Coronavirus: Cornwall locals 'too scared' to go shopping August 1, 2020
- Huge cliff fall in Cornwall stuns onlookers July 31, 2020